Setting up your company in France
The world’s sixth largest economy with a GDP of 2,463 billion dollars in 2016, France represents a high-quality business environment as well as a vibrant marketplace to develop your company in Europe:
- More than 500 million potential consumers
- An open economy ranked 7th in the world for imports and exports
- Opportunities for setting up your company in France in all economic branches, from R&D to production activities
- An attractive tax system: French taxation on R&D expenditures is the world’s most attractive thanks to the Research tax credit (CIR - Crédit Impôt Recherche)
- French expertise in many industry sectors (luxury goods, gastronomy, craft industry, etc.)
- World-renowned schools and universities which train a pool of future employees: 1st country in the FT ranking for management master programs (3 Parisian schools among the world's first 10: HEC, ESSEC, ESCP Europe)
- The same productivity rate as the USA or Germany and a higher rate than in the UK and Italy
- 10 French groups are among the 100 largest global companies: CNRS, CEA and IFP Energies Nouvelles, Alstom, Arkema, Safran, Saint-Gobain, Thales, Valeo and Total
France’s main strengths
Many world-renowned business sectors
Today, the French economy is primarily focused on luxury goods, tourism, aeronautical industry, food-processing industry and new technologies. France is also one of the countries that most facilitates foreign investments as prove the 20,000 foreign subsidiaries located in France. The country occupies a strategic position, at the crossroads between northern Europe and the Meditarranean basin:
- High-quality commercial real estate at competitive prices in Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Marseille, Lille and many other cities
- Numerous international companies are already present in France
- Advanced infrastructure facilitates companies’ development: well-developed road and railroad networks, 40 international airports, advanced telecommunication systems
- 1st European country for foreign investments and job creation
- 1st European country for industrial projects
On average, 19 foreign companies invest in France every week.
Why invest in France?
Setting up your company in France
France and its local authorities support the setting up of new companies in France by offering businessmen several subsidies as well as simplified procedures.
- Setting up a company in France takes 3,5 days (4,5 in the UK and 10,5 in Germany)
- The rate of new business creations has reached +9,9% in France in 2014
- 2 billion euro funds in 2015 to help companies setting up in France
Finding the right location for your company in France
It is essential to choose the best location for your business. This may vary depending on your project specifications and real-estate needs (office, warehouse, business incubator, food production building.) The location’s attractiveness, presence of competitors and site specifications (facilities, storage space, property condition, rent or sale conditions) are all decisive criteria for your investment.
Foreign companies in France
- Each year, more than 1,000 foreign companies choose to invest in France
- More than 25,000 foreign businesses are already present in France and employ almost 2 million people
Where to set up your company in France?
Where to set up your business in France?
Find out more about the best expansion opportunities for your company in France: