Rivière Neuve business park in the Greater Calais area
Overview of the park
The Rivière Neuve business park is located in the Greater Calais area (population of 100,000). Situated in the north of the Hauts-de-France region, the park is perfectly located. Its close proximity to the A16 and A26 motorways provides easy access to Lille, Belgium and Paris. As it is located in the centre of the Opal Coast (population of 800,000), the park benefits from its popularity. With more than 4 million trucks passing through here every year, the park is located between the Port of Calais and the Eurotunnel, both of which are gateways to the UK. Its location and direct access to the motorway provides a wide range of logistical possibilities for your company, especially if you export to the UK (50km), Belgium (30km) or other European countries. The area also enjoys exceptional transport and service networks, as well as the many universities, training centres and engineering schools. The distribution of green hydrogen is also part of the business park.
By road, Calais is situated:
- 1 hour from Lille
- 1 hour 30 from Brussels
- 30 minutes from the Belgian border
- 2 hours from Paris
By train, Calais is situated:
- 1 hour 15 from Brussels
- 1 hour from London
- 1 hour 30 from Paris
- Motorway: European motorways A16 & A26. One hour drive (by lorry) from the A1 (Lille-Paris).
- Freight train station: Fréthun freight hub, connected to the major freight networks
- Eurotunnel Terminal: 2km from the park
- Port of Calais: 10km from the park
- International airports: Brussels, Lille, Paris, London
- Business and freight airport: 5km away
Features of the park
The Rivière Neuve Urban Development Zone in Calais is easily accessible from the A26 and A16 motorways. The park is located next to the A16 motorway which leads to the Eurotunnel, it is close to the A26 and the Port Boulogne Calais, as well as the CargoBeamer rail station, which is 7km from the park. A comprehensive rail motorway service connects Calais to the logistics and industrial hubs of the EU (Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and the UK. The Rivière Neuve Urban Development Zone has the following industrial sites:
- 11 hectares transferable, or a minimum of 4 hectares, Greenfields "Plug and Play", available now
- Industrial real estate, industrial services, agrifood, data centres
The park is also a regulated Urban Development Zone and is exempt from French planning taxes (taxes d’aménagement). Depending on your business operations, rainwater management is taken care of in the zone with basins and watringues, and there is all the necessary infrastructure and connections: fibre optic internet, electricity, water, and gas.
The Rivière Neuve park is conveniently located near other business parks and hubs:
- 2nd largest European port (passengers) and RoRo freight (trailers)
- 3 companies: Irish ferries, P&O ferries, DFDS
- Multiple departures every day
- Combined road-rail terminal operated by VIIA
- Major logistics ecosystem
- 300,000m² of warehouses planned for 2025
- One of the largest hydrogen distributors in France currently under construction, operated by the H2V Group
- Fully automated combined road-rail terminal (20 minutes to unload a full train), operated by Cargobeamer
THE CHANNEL TUNNEL HUB
- The only structure of its kind in the world to carry freight across the channel
- Major electricity supplier (electricity from the UK via the Channel Tunnel) operated by Eleclink
The park is aimed at the following types of companies:
- Industrial and logistics
- Data centres
The district is home to a wide variety of logistics service companies and industrial stakeholders, with more than 50 companies from the industrial and logistics sector in the park.
What are the costs?
The transfer price is €32 excl. tax/m². Contact us for more information.